Papa Noël sets out to Haiti...

Well, not the real Papa Noël, if ever such a man existed. Besides, even if he did, he ain't got jack on my man. My man is going to Haiti tomorrow with 3 full suitcases of toys for 27 of the sweetest kids I ever did see. From what I've read, Papa Noël has forgotten Haiti and rumor has it that he is scared of the darkness there- but not my honey. He remembers. He remembers because God remembers. And God is the one that sends my man down south to children who if not for His grace would have nothing. Among my favorite gifts are the nativity costumes so that the kids can reenact the beautiful night when the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. The greatest gift is Jesus and I do so pray it's His love they feel when they open their gifts.

I just wanted to ask my blogging buddies to pray for him. He will be there through Wednesday. I wish I was going. I miss my sons and I miss the other children and staff.

****Late edit- new embargo that started Dec. 1st says you can only check two bags to Haiti! Scott had to buy a big black bag ($130!) at check-in and dump two suitcases of toys into it and leave our other suitcases with AA in hopes that they will be there when he returns (they can't guarantee it). Now he really will look like someone I was making fun of earlier in the post!****

Below is a little video of the kids I took the day before we left in October. Scott was beside me making faces and being very silly. They try so hard to sing and not laugh but well, he's just too funny...I know the same laughter will arise as he descends on them tomorrow...


Comments

Angela said…
Oh, those giggles are soooo cute! Praying for his trip. Thanks for sharing.
Michelle said…
Praying!! I love the video! Too cute!
Linda said…
I'm praying your boys come home soon. I got to return to 3 angels and be "Papa Noel", too....folks in our town donated tons of toys, which my 13 year old daughter and I got to take and distribute to all the kids there. It was so wonderful. Really good to be back down there, and quite the culture shock again upon returning to the USA when in the midst of all out Christmas frenzy (returned Dec 17). We had the same experience with the bags....had to buy bigger ones at the last minute (cha-ching!), and pay overweight fines (cha-ching again). But it was oh so worth it to see those huge smiles of joy on the kids' faces. Hope to meet up again with y'all sometime!

Popular Posts