Reaching Goals
Every year Scott's company, PSS World Medical, has their National Sales Meeting- a weekend full of sessions on new developments in the medical industry, technology, products, solutions and training. For Scott, it means little sleep, lots of head-swelling information and a lost voice. For me, it means a weekend away from home in a nice hotel, a trip to the spa and a nice dinner with my husband. We just returned today from this year's meeting in Orlando. (Thanks Nana and Grandaddy for watching Jadon, Caroline & McKenna!)
We went to Orlando a day early and Scott took me to see the Blue Man Group. We took my nephew and his girlfriend- which made this date even more special for me because I absolutely adore my nephew (who is now a senior in high school!) and I don't get to see him much. I can honestly say that BMG was probably one of the best shows I have ever gone to. One of the Blue Men climbed over us and knocked my sunglasses off my head and jacked up my neck. I was a little distracted and miffed with the Blue Man for awhile but the next scene (the Twinkies scene) helped me forgive him.
We went to Orlando a day early and Scott took me to see the Blue Man Group. We took my nephew and his girlfriend- which made this date even more special for me because I absolutely adore my nephew (who is now a senior in high school!) and I don't get to see him much. I can honestly say that BMG was probably one of the best shows I have ever gone to. One of the Blue Men climbed over us and knocked my sunglasses off my head and jacked up my neck. I was a little distracted and miffed with the Blue Man for awhile but the next scene (the Twinkies scene) helped me forgive him.Friday night the company rented out a section of Islands of Adventure. We got to ride Dueling Dragons several times in the front. Insane.
Saturday night we attended the Eagle Award ceremony. This is formal dinner where the company honors employees that have excelled in their jobs over they past year. Last year at the meeting in Nashville, they gave us commitment cards to fill out and turn in that stated our personal or professional goals for the upcoming year. I have kept my carbon copy on my desk all year long as a friendly reminder. Interestingly enough when the Executive VP and COO got up to speak, he made mention of the cards from last year. He started sharing some of the goals that people had set and achieved. Then to my surprise, he mentioned my name and how I reached my goal with my husband of adopting our sons from Haiti- and a couple of pictures of Scott with Jeff and David were on the huge screen behind him. (Well, my goal hasn't really been reached all the way but I know that it will be soon.)
I was excited that the company thought that this was just as noteworthy as the ones who had reached their goals of triathlon or career success. He finished with mentioning that he and his wife had also reached their goal and adopted a baby girl. My heart swells each time adoption is lifted up for what it is- a blessing, a dream come true, a calling.
I was excited that the company thought that this was just as noteworthy as the ones who had reached their goals of triathlon or career success. He finished with mentioning that he and his wife had also reached their goal and adopted a baby girl. My heart swells each time adoption is lifted up for what it is- a blessing, a dream come true, a calling. That moment was so awesome, not because of what we have done but because of what the Lord has done. Without Him, this goal would be unreachable. I am so thankful that my husband works for such a great company that is so supportive.
Comments