Home

We made it home last night at about 12:30am. Our trip was long. We left Ft. Jacques at 8:30am (Central time). Scott had to drive us there because J.C. had malaria and couldn't manage driving up the mountain to get us. We arrived at the airport around 10:00am and it was packed. We stood in line for an hour or more for check-in. There were a few guys trying to cut line right in front of us. I am usually kind of timid but I called them out and got the AA people involved. They had to go to the end of the line. Unbelievable. Cutting in front of children. Then after check-in we went through two more security lines. We left the airport an hour late (as usual), so when we got to Miami we missed our connecting flight. We had to stand in another slow line to re-book. After standing in another line to get through security, we slammed some pizza and boarded the plane for DC. We left Reagan only to sit in Northern VA traffic at 11pm. Finally we reached home and Scott's parents were there with finger foods set out- my favorite and greatly missed food: tortilla chips and salsa. I took a shower (ah, water pressure) and slept great until Caroline woke us up with back pain again. This is the third night now. Scott will be taking her to the doctor tomorrow for some tests. Our web diagnosis doesn't look good so PLEASE pray for her. I am hoping it is a combo of dehydration, bad mattress and picking up heavy kids for 3 1/2 weeks.

It was extremely hard to say goodbye. Jadon, McKenna and I cried like babies. McKenna was so sweet as she sobbed, "I don't want to leave my brothers." She cried all the way to the airport and several times on both planes. I pray that Jeff and David are doing well today. I know it was probably hard to return to their rooms and routine. We miss them so much. We are very thankful for our time we had with them and look forward to the day we bring them home.

I will do my best to upload some pictures, videos and highlights this week from our trip.

Comments

lori shepler - said…
welcome home!!

lori
http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
So happy to wake this morning and read "we're home".
We love you!
Dad and Jonnie
Anonymous said…
We just read that you were home.
Welcome back - I can only imagine how hard it was to leave your sons.

Please let us know about Caroline.

Also we are looking forward to hearing all about your trip and any changes that were made at NHHM.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Judy & Jim
Anonymous said…
Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. Gotta love that first shower after being back. I know how hard it is leaving your babies and I will be praying for you all.
Linda said…
Hi - welcome home! I am pretty new to blogworld, and left a comment on an old post of yours by accident - it's after your "paper chase" entry - if you can find it, or if you can't, maybe you can reply to my email?
lberg@ktc.com -- I love you blog!
I am Linda Berg and met you at the mission when we visited that day from Three Angels. My husband Tim and I loved meeting you guys and are excited for you as your adoption nears completion!

Popular Posts